The new Realtor® Code of Ethics is in full swing—it became effective January 1—and there are a few changes. While policy changes in the Code of Ethics are designed to “raise the whole bar professionally,” according to the National Association of Realtors’ president Chris Polychron. At Benchmark Realty, we already set a high bar.
Changes to the 2015 Realtor Code of Ethics
There are four major changes to the 2015 Code of Ethics:
- The implementation of a Code of Excellence
- Biennial education and testing on the Code of Ethics and the upcoming Code of Excellence
- A commitment to providing agents with broader data
- The development of an industry standard to accurately (and more fairly) rate Realtors
In addition to these policy changes, NAR is focusing on client and Realtor safety—and that’s something that’s been a long time coming.
The Realtor Code of Excellence
According to former NAR president Steve Brown, the Code of Excellence picks up where the Code of Ethics leave off.
“The Realtor is not just there to conduct an ethical transaction,” said Brown. The Code of Excellence should keep Realtors pointed in the right direction when it comes to shining in a saturated field.
The 2015 Code of Ethics Updates and Benchmark Realty
Each member of our team adheres to the highest standards. If they didn’t, they wouldn’t have what it takes to be a Benchmark Realtor. Our high standards include:
- A high level of professionalism
- Ongoing agent education
- Strict Agent Behavior Policy
- A culture that attracts excellence and raises the standards of real estate.
Are You a Benchmark Realtor?
If you’re not already working with us, you’ve probably thought about it. Maybe you heard about how our agents earn 100 percent commission on every transaction, or maybe you’re just ready to take charge of your own real estate career.
We’d love to set up a confidential meeting with you and answer your questions. Let’s see if Benchmark Realty is the right choice for you; call us at 615-371-1544 today.