If you’re like many Realtors®, you’re constantly on the go. There’s always something to do, and sometimes, you spend so much time doing the “little things” that you don’t have time for the big things.
You might be wondering whether it’s time for you to hire an assistant to help manage your real estate business.
Should You Hire an Assistant for Your Real Estate Business?
Before you decide whether to hire an assistant for your real estate business, it’s a good idea to make sure you need one – and that you’re ready to work with one.
If you hire someone you don’t need, neither of you will be happy.
AM I READY TO HIRE AN ASSISTANT?
So how do you know whether you’re ready to hire an assistant? Ask yourself:
- Am I spending more time on administrative tasks than I am on cultivating my business?
- Am I working too late and trying to play catch up, sacrificing time with my family and friends?
- Am I working as hard as ever but feeling like there's no end in sight?
- Am I losing track of meetings and other important details?
- Am I giving up new business because I'm too busy dealing with administrative tasks?
- Am I avoiding necessary tasks and procrastinating?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it could be time for you to hire an assistant to help manage your real estate business.
However, hiring an assistant might be a little tougher than you think.
Mistakes to Avoid When You Hire an Assistant
If you’re going to hire an assistant, make sure you do a thorough interview before you commit. Not all assistance – particularly virtual assistants – are created equal. A 5-minute Skype interview is probably not enough time to determine whether someone will be a good fit for your business.
Once you do settle on an assistant, make sure that you check his or her work periodically. Hiring an assistant doesn’t mean that you can delegate tasks and then forget about them – at least not at first. Make sure you’re available to answer his or her questions, as well.
Are You Part of the Benchmark Realty Team?
Did you know that Benchmark agents keep 100% of their commissions? A career with Benchmark means more net cash flow to use to hire an assistant.
We do our best to make your career run smoothly, and that includes giving you valuable tips that can help you grow your real estate business.
Want Info on Joining Team Benchmark?
If you’re not already part of the Benchmark Realty team, it may be a good idea
to start exploring your options.
Call us at 615-371-1544 or fill out the form below to set up a confidential meeting where you are free to ask questions, learn about our agent plans, and find out whether Benchmark Realty is the right place for you.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- The REALTOR’s Guide to Social Media - August 10, 2017
- The Power of Having Business Systems as a Real Estate Agent - July 28, 2017
- How to Nurture Your Real Estate Client Database for Future Profitability - July 18, 2017