The winner of Nashville’s great snowstorm of 2015 is Benchmark Realty agent, Adam Helton. The winner of what you might ask? He is the winner of the hearts and minds and most importantly, the attention of everyone in Nashville with an Internet connection last week.
In what has now become the “Christmas Jammies” video of our Snowmageddon 2015, Adam brilliantly portrayed the emotions of every parent of school-aged children in the Nashville area with this video.
What started out as a fun creative project for his family has turned into a viral video with over 500,000 views. And the genius behind the video is a final frame with a message that he is a realtor at Benchmark and how to connect with him. That subtle marketing message will continue to pay dividends for months to come.
On top of the 500,000 (and counting) views, Adam was re-tweeted by the Weather Channel’s Jim Cantore.
He has been approached by potential clients, received tons of recommendations and mentions on social media from friends and clients, garnered close to 200 new followers of his Facebook profile and almost 100 new followers to his Facebook Business Page. The video was shown during the newscast on WSMV and produced additional exposure including this interview with the Tennessean and the Nashpreneur.
Adam frequently uses videos in marketing his real estate business. You can check out his YouTube channel HERE. We asked Adam if he would share a few tips on using video to help market your real estate business.
Real Estate Video Marketing Tips
- Video titles– Make sure your video title is exciting enough to make someone want to watch the video. Using keywords like “Nashville Realtor” in the title will really help with SEO.
- Using Facebook Video uploader AND YouTube– Facebook’s algorithms favor video and will show videos to more people in your feed if you use the Facebook Video uploader. This however, will limit your distribution in other places. So, make sure you have it also uploaded to YouTube. YouTube is great for generating SEO for realtors.
- Ask for people to share the video when you post to social media.
- You don’t need fancy equipment or technical expertise. I shoot my videos on my iPhone and edit them with the iMovie app.
- Don’t be too serious. It seems to be most effective when you can come across as approachable and genuine.
Want more information on a career with Benchmark Realty? Please fill out the form below or call 615-371-1544 to schedule a confidential meeting.