It’s no secret. Rates are low right now. And, it’s not just mortgage rates, either — all types of rates are scraping rock-bottom. Borrowing rates, lending rates and savings rates are at or near their all-time lowest levels.
As a homeowner in Brentwood , one way to take capitalize on today’s low rates is to apply to refinance your home. But there are other ways to take advantage, too.
In this 5-minute piece from NBC’s The Today Show, you’ll learn of a half-dozen ways to exploit the current rate environment, including:
- Refinance a car loan from a high rate to a low rate, for cheap, in an hour
- Balance transfers between credit cards with teaser rates lasting up to 20 months
- Move some savings to an “online” bank where savings rates are higher
The interview’s theme is to examine both where you’re spending and saving your money, and make sure you’re doing what’s best for your budget.
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke has pledged to hold the Fed Funds Rate near 0.000% until at least 2013. So long as the Fed Funds Rate is low, there will be places you can save.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- The REALTOR’s Guide to Social Media - August 10, 2017
- The Power of Having Business Systems as a Real Estate Agent - July 28, 2017
- How to Nurture Your Real Estate Client Database for Future Profitability - July 18, 2017