Not all homeowners have the means to hire a professional interior decorator to stage their homes. While that’s totally understandable, you can help them out by offering a few insider tips they can implement to help their homes sell faster—and closer to their asking prices.
Clear the Clutter
As Realtors®, we know that potential buyers want to envision a space as their own; seeing other people’s mail on the counter, jackets hung on coat racks and shoes lined up in the foyer can be deal-breakers. Make sure your clients know that, too. Have them go through the home and:
- Arrange bookshelves neatly
- Close dresser drawers and closet doors (unless it’s a walk-in; then leave it wide open)
- Pick up yard debris and tuck away the trash cans
Removing personal effects wherever possible lets buyers use their imaginations, so if your clients make a special effort to take down family photos, eclectic décor and all of the things that give their home a “lived-in” look, they’ll likely see better results.
A Clean Home is a Happy Home
Naturally, your clients will keep the house clean when they know potential buyers are coming. Don’t let them overlook these sale-killers, though:
- Shower doors and bathroom walls (scour and scrub!)
- Gender-specific room décor
- Hardware holes that take just minutes to repair
Giving your clients an easy-to-use home staging checklist like this one can save them money on hiring a professional. While Benchmark Realty is a paperless office, we understand that your clients will likely appreciate having a hard copy handy when they’re getting ready for showings—so feel free to download our Benchmark Realty’s Home Staging Checklist to share with them.
Nashville Home Stagers
If you decide it’s time to call in the professionals here is a list of Nashville Area Home Stagers.
Staged by Sarah- Sarah Raines 615-419-8500
If you’d like more information on joining the Benchmark Realty Team. Please fill out the form below.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- The REALTOR’s Guide to Social Media - August 10, 2017
- The Power of Having Business Systems as a Real Estate Agent - July 28, 2017
- How to Nurture Your Real Estate Client Database for Future Profitability - July 18, 2017