While every situation is different, most Realtors® are letting good leads slip right through their fingers. Are you one of them?
The Ideal Real Estate Leads: Qualified, Interested and Engaged
It would be amazing if every lead we got as Realtors was qualified, interested and engaged – but that’s just not the case. However, it’s our job to read the signals each lead is sending; we might miss something valuable that, in the long run, ends up costing us.
There are no guarantees in this business (except that you’ll get 100 percent of your commission working with Benchmark Realty, that is), but using these five tips will help you convert more leads – and that means making more money.
How to Convert Real Estate Leads into sales:
- Treat your first contact like gold. It is gold. Even if you’re not sure whether the person will qualify to purchase, your first contact builds the foundation for your future relationship with this client. That means trying not to let strange numbers go to voicemail (people certainly want a responsive Realtor) because they’ll go somewhere else immediately.
- Take the time to get to know them – but really get to know them. Let them do all the talking, and interject a question now and then; the key, though, is paying attention to what they’re telling you. A successful Realtor listens far more than he or she talks.
- Don’t be afraid to show potential clients you’re the expert. Send them a list of references without being asked; show them your testimonials. Give them information on available tax credits, reassure them that you’re watching the market for what they need, and ensure that you’re giving them targeted follow-up when they have a question. Don’t fall into the trap of putting them on an email list and assuming that they’ll eventually call you.
- Talk about your successes. Yes, we just told you to be quiet and let them talk. However, it’s good to make the words that you do say count for something. You’ve negotiated better prices for past clients, right? Make sure that you mention a specific instance in casual conversation.
- Keep them interested. When potential clients reach out for your help, they usually want it right now – and then they become distracted. See if you can meet with them right away; if you can’t, make sure you stay in touch until their schedule permits a face-to-face meeting. Send them a quick, personal email: “Hi Jim, I just saw this house when I was looking for listings for you; it seems like it’s a really good fit, because it has three bedrooms and a fenced backyard, just like we discussed on Tuesday. Let me know what you think – call my cell because I’m out showing properties all day. Thanks!”
At Benchmark Realty, we’ll support you in any way we can. Whether you need help focusing your business plan on next year’s growth or you want to attend our monthly Mastermind Meetings (they’re awesome!), we’re here to make your real estate business a success.
If you’re not a Benchmark Realty agent yet, call us at 615-371-1544 or fill out the form below. We’d love to hear what you want to get out of your real estate career and show you how we can make that happen.
Access the eBook Vault
Fill out the form below and gain access to this amazing ebook AND MORE! We have over 20 awesome ebooks for you including the Home Buyer Handbook, Home Seller Guide, All in one Mortgage Calculator, Easy Budget Maker, Family Budget Maker, HUD's Mortgage Shopping Guide, Senior Retirement Planner, Boost your Credit Score, FSBO Guide, How to sell your Home Faster & much more!