You can find a home’s square footage, its number of bedrooms, and even 4-D immersive images online.
Why would anyone go to an open house?
As Realtors®, we know that actually seeing a property—stepping through the front door and experiencing the way the house “feels”—is incredibly important to buyers, and that’s part of the reason we hold open houses.
Open houses are a necessity for most Realtors, and they’re not going away. But knowing that, it makes sense to get the most traffic you can at each open house you hold.
3 Creative Ways to Generate Traffic at Open Houses
Word of mouth always works well, as does inviting the neighbors through flyers or traditional mailings. You should also consider:
1. Boosting your open house on social media. If you’re not advertising open houses on your social media pages, you should be. You could double your impact if you also create a blog post that’s heavy on the pictures and information, then share its URL on your Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest profiles.
2. Reaching out to all the buyer’s agents you know. You’re a Realtor, and networking is part of being successful—so reach out to everyone in your network to let them know you’re holding an open house. All your real estate connections have access to interested buyers, so why wouldn’t you invite them to check it out? When you email, text or call the buyer’s agents on your contact list, share core information about the house: list price, size, how long it’s been on the market, and other important details.
3. Use a tool such as Matterport or Floored to create a 3-D virtual tour of the home to promote the open house. In some cases, that can be the catalyst that gets interested parties off the computer and into the car.
ARE YOU WORKING WITH BENCHMARK REALTY?
If you’re not already a Benchmark Agent, we’d love to have you on board. We provide our agents with everything they need to build a successful real estate career, and we empower each of our Realtors by providing them with up-to-date information, educational opportunities and more.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- The REALTOR’s Guide to Social Media - August 10, 2017
- The Power of Having Business Systems as a Real Estate Agent - July 28, 2017
- How to Nurture Your Real Estate Client Database for Future Profitability - July 18, 2017