We are part of a highly visual culture. In fact, studies have shown that when people hear information they are only likely to remember 10 percent of it three days later. However, if the information comes with a relevant image, people are likely to retain about 65 percent of it three days later.
So what does this mean to Realtors®?
It means that we need to understand visual marketing and how it can make our businesses better.
What is Visual Marketing?
Visual marketing is the practice of telling your brand’s story while engaging clients with visual media. That can include:
Why Visual Marketing is Essential for Realtors?
You already know that you need amazing real estate listing photos, but what you may not know is that you are already doing some visual marketing. Professionally photographed homes sell faster and at a higher price, so you’re already on the right track there.
However, visual marketing is more than that; it’s about creating brand recognition so that potential clients view you as the go-to professional when they need to buy or sell a home in Middle Tennessee.
The Essential Visual Content Marketing Stats for 2016
- Content with relevant images gets 94 percent more views than content without relevant images.
- 51.9 percent of marketing professionals across the globe consider video that type of content that gets the best return on investment.
- Using the word “video” in an e-mail subject line increases open rates by 19 percent, click through rates by 65 percent and reduces unsubscribes by 26 percent. (That means setting up your subscriber emails to include video may be a great idea!)
- Infographics are “liked” and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to be shared on social media than other types of content.
- More than 80 percent of pins on Pinterest are “re-pins” versus just 1.4 percent of tweets retweeted.
You can get nearly 400 free content creation templates from Hubspot (they’re all exceptional—we’ve checked them out).
ARE YOU ON THE BENCHMARK REALTY TEAM?
If you’re serious about your real estate career and you’re considering working with one of Middle Tennessee’s best real estate brokerages, we’d love to talk to you.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- Top 5 Apps for Smart Real Estate Agents - March 23, 2017
- How to Promote Your Open House During Cold Weather - January 25, 2017
- The 3 Best Marketing Materials for Realtors in 2017 - January 19, 2017