2017 is here, and for many of us, that means taking a good, hard look at what marketing techniques worked in 2016 and saying goodbye to those that didn’t.
A Look At 2016 Marketing Trends
Video took over in early 2016 as one of the top ways for Realtors® and other business professionals to market, as did using social media to supplement other online marketing efforts. Blogging and mobile content, including responsive websites (like this one, which changes appearance based on which device you’re using to view it) continued to grow, too.
Online Marketing Stats to Help You Plan for 2017
As you’re putting together your marketing strategy for 2017, here’s what you need to know:
· 33% of consumers start mobile research with a branded website (they know what company they’re looking for and how to find them), and 26% start mobile research with a branded app (now might be the time to look into app-building marketing strategies)
· Apps account for 89% of mobile media time, versus 11% for mobile websites
· 61% of users are unlikely to return to a mobile site they had trouble accessing and 40% visit a competitor’s site instead
Search Engine Optimization Keeps Evolving
Search engine optimization made some interesting twists and turns during 2016, and there are many more changes on the horizon for 2017, so it’s important to note that if you’re using an SEO strategy to promote your website, you need to work with professionals who know how to keep up.
The reason SEO keeps evolving is simple: users are evolving, too. Google, for example, is in the business of giving searchers exactly what they want on the first try. If they can’t do that, people will use other search engines instead — and that means Google needs to keep changing what it looks for based on what users want.
Virtual and 3D Aren’t Novelties Anymore
Companies like Matterport and Virtual 3D Marketing are changing how people see the world online, and there are dozens of virtual reality and 3-D devices that your clients are going to use in 2017. From Google’s Daydream to the Samsung Gear VR, these devices are affordable, easy to use, and even wearable… and as they become more popular, they’re going to open up a new world of marketing possibilities (and requirements) for Realtors.
ARE YOU A PART OF THE BENCHMARK TEAM?
If you’re not already working with Benchmark Realty, now might be the perfect time to explore your options.
We believe that our agents deserve the freedom to take control of their own real estate careers, and with our innovative agent plans and built-in flexibility, our Realtors have the ability to market in the ways they know will best serve their businesses and their clients.
When you’re ready to find out whether a career with Benchmark is right for you, fill out the form below. We’ll set up a confidential meeting with one of our brokers so you can ask questions and get answers.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- Why More and More People are Calling Nashville Home - May 17, 2017
- Top 5 Apps for Smart Real Estate Agents - March 23, 2017
- How to Promote Your Open House During Cold Weather - January 25, 2017