Home improvement projects are on the rise, according to the BuildFax Remodeling Index. For the 19th straight month, May’s index rose, suggesting that homeowners in Brentwood are remodeling more frequently than in the past.
Do-it-yourself projects are on the rise, too.
If you’re among the many homeowners forgoing paid contractors, be sure to follow basic safety precautions because, as this 5-minute video from NBC’s The Today Show points out, a home remodeling “accident” could cost you more than the money saved on the project itself.
The interview gives several key tips:
- Use “expandable” earplugs to prevent hearing loss from power tools.
- Don’t wear sneakers or sandals. Wear construction boots.
- Never stand on the top 2 steps of a ladder.
In addition, we’re reminded to wear safety glasses always. Eye issues are the number one injury as reported by home remodelers, and accidents can happen anytime.
Watch the full video at the NBC website. And, f you feel your next home remodeling project is beyond your personal expertise, seek a professional’s help. Call or email me for local recommendations.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- Why More and More People are Calling Nashville Home - May 17, 2017
- Top 5 Apps for Smart Real Estate Agents - March 23, 2017
- How to Promote Your Open House During Cold Weather - January 25, 2017