In the past, we’ve talked about Realtor® blog post topics you can use to kick off an awesome set of posts.
We’ll give you 10 more blog post ideas at the end of this post – but in the meantime, we have a few simple ways to make blogging part of what you do every day. Regular blogging can help establish you as the subject-matter expert; you can set yourself apart by sharing your knowledge of the local communities and engaging your potential clients.
Make Blogging Part of Your Daily Routine
You don’t have to sit down and carve out a blog post every day. Some of the most successful blogs only post once per week – but their secret to success is keeping a finger on their readers’ pulses. Get into the habit of noting interesting news articles that discuss your areas; once in a while, search for gorgeous photos of the local landscape that you can share.
When you find them, post them to your blog. There’s nothing wrong with writing a short teaser about a news piece (in fact, it’s actually good for your search engine optimization… but that’s another blog post).
“The City of Franklin is thinking about modifying an ordinance that would allow garage apartments, carriage houses and other add-ons to be built on downtown properties. The ordinance-change would be the first in years, and city planner Kelly Dannenfelser says that it could expand housing options for locals. Read the full story here.”
Do it early, before your day gets in the way. Even if you only have time for that short teaser post, it’s best to make it a habit to add something to your blog on a specific day, early in the morning (as you’re having your first cup of coffee… or maybe your second).
10 (More) Blog Post Ideas for Realtors
Aside from the news items that make great blog posts, here are 10 more blog post ideas for Realtors.
- Focus on one of your listings (make it photo-heavy with simple captions)
- List the best places for lunch on the next holiday
- Explain things we take for granted, such as mortgage insurance or financing terms
- List local food bloggers, entertainment gurus or other big names in town (with links to their sites)
- Write about what makes a transaction (buying or selling – or put each in a separate post) go smoothly
- Check out design websites and pick out trendy bathtubs, great fireplaces or other luxury add-ons for eye candy
- List the local parks and what each one includes
- List the best resources for home staging ideas (and add a few of your own)
- Write about investment properties and how to pick the right one
- List resources people moving here need, such as the electric, gas, phone and cable companies
ARE YOU WORKING WITH BENCHMARK REALTY?
If you’re not already on our all-star team, now’s a great time to consider it.
Call us at 615-371-1544 or fill out the form below to learn more about our agent plans and how Benchmark could be the perfect place for you.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- Why More and More People are Calling Nashville Home - May 17, 2017
- Top 5 Apps for Smart Real Estate Agents - March 23, 2017
- How to Promote Your Open House During Cold Weather - January 25, 2017