Whether you’re moving into a new home and want to make it “yours”, or just want to change the feel of your current place, a painting project is an easy way forward. Painting is relatively inexpensive yet it can transform a home’s look-and-feel.
But how do you make sure you’re choosing the best colors and the proper type of paint?
This 8-minute video from Lowe’s tells it all. In it, you’ll learn how professional designers identify a potential paint palette for a room, then how they choose between shade, finish and type.
Among the tips and advice in the video :
- How to use 2×2 “test blocks” to ensure a color works in both natural and artificial light
- How to choose the right colors for a small room, and for a large room
- Why painting the ceiling can change a room’s perceived size
- How to build complementary, split-complementary and analogous color schemes for a room
- How to choose between latex and oil-based paint products
In addition, the video shares notes on how light bulb types can affect the “warmness” of a particular paint color, and how to consider existing room elements such as furniture in your final color choices.
Paint projects require little advance planning and, if done properly, they can change the feel of a room, and a home. Most projects can be completed within a weekend.
Latest posts by Phillip Cantrell (see all)
- Why More and More People are Calling Nashville Home - May 17, 2017
- Top 5 Apps for Smart Real Estate Agents - March 23, 2017
- How to Promote Your Open House During Cold Weather - January 25, 2017